Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thor's Day Out


f/11, 60 sec, ISO 100 @ 18mm using the 18-55. Tripod mounted with remote shutter release.

Patience, patience and some more patience is what is needed for shots of lightning and fireworks in the sky. Focusing at (a little less than) infinity is easy, preempting the position of the strike is not.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shot!
    And I must say you have guts to be out in a thunderstorm! Not to mention a hell lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)

    I wish there were dry thunderstorms so that I wouldn't have to worry about getting my equipment wet. Either that or somebody gift me a 1D series body with 3-4 L lenses :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell yeah! but then, you drop a 1D and you lose 10 times worth of what you would with your 1000D! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 1D series are pretty sturdy and can survive a fall or two. :P

    ReplyDelete