Thursday, April 28, 2011

Quenching the Wilderness


HDR of 3 bracketed images with a difference of 2EV in each. Metered photo's EXIF:
f/11, 1/640, ISO 1600 @ 18mm using the 18-55

This is one of the very few HDR attempts of mine that I've liked. The B/W treatment was done in the Silver Efex Pro plugin in Photoshop CS3.

6 comments:

  1. why would you use ISO 1600 for this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I was shooting handheld and needed a fast shutter speed for all three shots to avoid any type of shake and misalignment. Also, wanted to have a large DOF, so increasing the aperture wasn't an option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is HDR difficult?
    Suppose I take 3 or more shots at different exposures, and use Photoshop's Merge to HDR option, are the results satisfactory?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Satisfaction is very subjective in this case. I've never managed to get a single decent colour HDR in three years of trying. And I've stopped trying now. I simply hate the grunge treatment that most people give to their HDRs. You could give it a shot, though.

    ReplyDelete